Saturday, June 5, 2010

One poweful Hour - Love that colour but I never use it...

Birds fly home...
This was tricky :) I just love bright colours and use different colours all the time, so I had to go for the more brownish colours of the vintage look, which I love, but hardly ever use :)

The background paper is a result of a happy accident, where I'd printet loads of black and white copies, and was going to get them all lazercopied, to use for transfers. They lay around waiting when God knows who spilled water all over them, (thank you mysterious person (maybe me :)) They lay there soaking for quite a while until I found them. By then the ink had produced soft pastels and toned down the black and after my initial shock :) I thought they looked rather cool and decided to dry them, and use them for backgrounds :) I  stamped bees and sunflowers using distress inks . I collaged some paper on them and the image and words are from lisasalteredart.com and the egg is from paperscraps on flickr.

Thanks for looking!!
Linda

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for happy accidents!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! When life gives your lemons, make lemonaide!!! Your result is gorgeous!~ Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a minute there I thought I had the wrong blog, oh, wait, she actually used BROWNS. lol I love it, and how great that someone spilled water over your prints? Turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love happy accidents and this one is wonderful! you may hardly ever use the "vintage tones" but you are sure adept with them!

    Thanks for joining us at One Powerful Hour!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank every single one of you for taking the time to comment on my work, it's much appreciated!!