Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Art Journal - Without Love Time Stops...

Here's another page in my AJ.
pages befor journalling...
I made another page im my homemade canvas journal. I gessoed the page first and then started gluing down scraps and gessoing over as I went. The lines on both sides for writing is a stained and torned notebook page. The clocks were stamped on some tissue/silk paper and glued down. The heart was cut out from thin handmade fibre paper and torn in the middle. My double spread is made so as the right page can flip open and make a three page spread. So there is an opening in the middle. I used a tim holtz quote stamp, and doodled, painted, used caran d'ache and oilpastels and had heaps of fun!!
Without Love Time Stops - journalling included :)
I used the quote:
The moment we choose to love we begin to move against domination, against oppression. The moment we choose to love we begin to move towards freedom, to act in ways that liberate ourselves and others. That action is the testimony of love as the practice of freedom- bell hooks.

Thanks for looking,
hugs and smiles,
Linda

1 comment:

I want to thank every single one of you for taking the time to comment on my work, it's much appreciated!!