Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Wednesday Stamper - Women's history month


Patty has chosen a wonderful theme with lot's of possibilities this week :) I made the collage 'Pieces of history' on canvasboard 6,5x9,5 inches. I painted and stamped the background glued down some scrap paper at the top and bottom and layed out my paper tiles, drew an outline, removed the tiles and painted and distressed the border. To make the frame I distressed the small images with ink, glued them down, and distressed them further with grey paint. Finally I put glossy accents on them to make them look like tiles this doesn't show very well on the scan, but it's quite dimentional.
I stamped the words enchanted passion and used embossing around the main image and stamped a crackle ontop.

A closeup of the main image from collageimages at flickr.

Here's a closeup of the upper right corner. All the small 'tile' images are from paperstreet at etsy.

Thanks for the fun challenge Patty, and thanks for looking!!
Linda

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Linda! Thanks for sharing the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant Linda.
    Your celebration of women is a masterpiece!
    Loved reading "how" you created it too, thank you for sharing!
    Another "WOW" Linda creation :)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty says it very well, it's a masterpiece!Incredible beautiful the background texture, all the small images around, an unique art work!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, Absolutely incredible! Beautiful images and thanks so much for the description of how. ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...this is sooooooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, great border

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooooh, I love your entry Linda!! Nice . . . very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh linda, this is fantastic!!! quite a tribute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so generous dear Linda.
    I would be honored to have this lovely creation!
    Many many thanks dear one!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank every single one of you for taking the time to comment on my work, it's much appreciated!!